Tuesday 11 October 2011

Helen GA Hotels - Hofbrau Riverfront

Helen GA Hotels - Hofbrau Riverfront

Jump Starter

I stumbled across the neatest little riverfront Inn in Helen Ga. this weekend. It's called Hofbrau Riverfront Hotel.

For starters, the hosts were very warm, down home, and friendly. The rooms especially the bathrooms were exceptionally clean. The bed linens and towels were all crisp, clean, and had a fresh from the dryer scent.

The location could not have been more adequate. The word Riverfront in the name is well deserved with the Chattahoochee River running just below the rear concrete patio of the room I was staying in.

Being the avid trout angler I am, I opted to jump out on the river right behind my room and try my luck for a few minutes before taking off to grab some dinner. Well luck was there. Within about thirty minutes, I had caught my limit of fresh rainbow trout without even having to wade down the river. Needless to say, this changed my dinner plans.

The Hofbrau Hotel is located just a short walking distance from the Betty's Country Store in Helen Ga., so I strolled down to Betty's grabbed some charcoal, a few cold drinks, and a side order of fresh homemade cole slaw, and cooked out my fresh rainbow trout on a grill overlooking the Chattahoochee River right behind my hotel room.

The Hofbrau Hotel is also conveniently located within a short walking distance from the main sites and gift shops of Helen Ga. Also, if you're a breakfast person as am I, you will appreciate having the Helen Country Café located directly across the street from your hotel room.

You may find the décor of this little Bavarian styled Inn a bit dated, but the aged décor to me just adds to the charm. Even with the aged décor, all is clean, including a sparkling clean and cool swimming pool, well kept grounds, and spotless interiors.

The Hofbrau Hotel is also located just a short stroll down to the famous Hahn's Restaurant where you can enjoy excellent food on a lively outdoor patio, all served up with delectable menu items, and a variety of beers and mixed drinks. Throw in some great outdoor live entertainment on weekends, and you have a great dining experience.

So if spending a few days in Helen Ga., relaxing, and not having to jump in your car, drive around, and pay for parking, put Hofbraus Riverfront Hotel on your list of Helen Ga., hotels to consider.

chlorine tablets storage wicker basket

No comments:

Post a Comment